I secretly love when my bananas start to go bad. I take that as a sign that it’s time to freeze those babies. Sometimes I bake with frozen bananas but I really like to use them in smoothies.
I actually picked up a really strange bunch of bananas the other day. They were green at first, but then stayed green and started to brown. They kinda just weirded me out so I decided to freeze them. When in doubt? Freeze ‘em!
One of my favorite protein shakes includes a necessary ingredient in the morning: coffee! I love coffee because..well, it’s coffee. But I really like the flavor and smell of coffee too so including it in anything whether that’s a smoothie or ice cream is always a good thing.
Chocolate Covered Coffee Banana (Protein) Smoothie
- half a frozen banana
- 1 cup of coffee, chilled- When I’m at home I use instant coffee.
- 1/2 cup milk-I used nonfat
- sprinkle of Splenda or sweetener of your choice.
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- You could also add ice, peanut butter, or oats.
I love this smoothie, it’s so good!
Do you drink protein shakes? What’s your favorite combination?