Okay, so first I’ll start by stating the obvious: I am absolutely without a doubt looking forward to holding our new baby. I can’t wait to meet her and squeeze her fat little cheeks..and thighs, and butt, and feet ). Hopefully, this is a given.
Besides basking in newborn glory, there are a few other things that I can’t wait to get back to. Pregnancy (so far) has really been a pretty good experience. I didn’t have much morning sickness and overall, I’m not too uncomfortable. Some days are better than others, but I have no complaints (ask me on a different day and I might).
As much as I’ve enjoyed it, I’m getting to the point where I’m ready to get my body and life back into a state of normalcy. I know it won’t be like before (um new roommate might change things) but just to get into the new swing of things.
Anyway, here are some things I’m looking forward to post baby!
- Food Restrictions Lifted! Finally!! The ban on cold cuts, raw fish, caffeine, alcohol and many more items is lifted! I’m so ready to go to a restaurant and order a nice glass of wine…perhaps with some salmon sashimi? Not being concerned about how something is cooked or whether or not their cheese is pasteurized, sounds wonderful.
If you’ve never had salmon sashimi-try it. It is like butter…amazing. As for caffeine, yes, you can have some caffeine while pregnant. I suppose I could have continued to drink coffee throughout my pregnancy but I just quit to be on the safe side. You’d think that since I quit caffeine, that I wouldn’t go back…but you’d be wrong :). I miss coffee and I love the taste so yes, my plan is to be a full blown caffeine addict again.
Of course, I can’t wait to drink again. Not to sound too alcoholic-ish, but come on, it’s hard not drinking! It’s definitely a different experience going to a wedding completely sober…one I would not recommend (jk..kind of).
- Back to Hardcore Workouts! Yes, this is something I’m looking forward to-never thought I’d say that! I miss getting in the gym and busting my ass. Doing HIIT workouts and not being concerned about my heart rate. Should I be concerned about that anyway? Because I’m usually not. I’m also looking forward to running again. I can, theoretically run right now…but with a 5 1/2 pound baby on my bladder, I choose not to. It’s best for me and everyone around me :).
(forgive the language..but it’s funny and you know it ).
- Sleeping on my Back..or Stomach- I cannot wait to sleep on my back! I get awful hip pain during the night right now and it’s just killin’ me…wakes me up nonstop. I just wanna lay on my back all night long and not worry about cutting off circulation to my legs…or to the baby.
- Wearing Cute Clothes- I realize my body isn’t going to automatically snap back into shape following delivery, but I’m hoping at some point it will. When it does, you bet I’ll be rockin’ some seriously cute outfits. Just in time for fall and winter clothes! I guess it’s almost been a blessing in disguise that I’ve been knocked up…I haven’t been spending money on cute clothes!!
- Finally, being reckless with my body and NOT stressing out about the health of our baby. Obviously not too reckless…an average amount of recklessness. More importantly, not worrying about the baby. Overall, our pregnancy has been healthy and “normal” so I’ve really had no reason to worry, but that does not stop me. I hate not knowing with absolute certainty that our baby is okay. I just want the doctor to tell me, everything is perfectly fine-she is healthy, but that’s not a reality because they can’t tell until the little one arrives. Of course, we have a good idea..she’s probably just fine…but I want to know for sure. So, after the little one comes, no longer stressing out every day will be a nice relief.
Those are the top things I look forward to…not including meeting our daughter :). I cannot wait for that. Actually I can…but after Saturday, when she’s full term, then I won’t be able to wait any longer!
If you’ve been pregnant, what was something you missed throughout pregnancy? If not, what is something you think will be hard to give up?
Honestly, it hasn’t been terrible. I’m just ready to stuff my face with turkey sandwiches and wine while laying on my stomach..is that too much to ask?