I got my butt up this morning and went to my new apartment gym. I figured this could be the last opportunity to lift weights for a couple weeks. Hopefully, I’ll be able to run in Thailand, but we’re not picking hotels based on if they have a gym or not.
This was my first time in this apartment’s gym. I have to say, it’s a little less than stellar. I don’t expect much…but it’s basically like an 80’s style hotel gym. I guess it was still good enough for this mornings workout because my muscles are already feeling shaky.
Here was my routine this morning. I wanted it to be full body…since my full body won’t be moving much the next few days! This is gonna be quick since I gotta go to the airport!
- Lat Pull Downs- on the machine. 3 sets of 15. Haven’t done these in forever!
- Bicep Hammer Curls- 3 sets of 12 using 15lb. weights.
- Deadlifts- 3 sets of 15 using 25 pound weights. Just regular deadlifts with free weights.
- Triceps Kickbacks- 3 sets of 12 holding 10lb. weights.
- Lunges- 3 sets of 12 using 25lb weights.
- Leg Extensions- 3 sets of 10. I haven’t done this machine in a long time either. I like the burn you get in your quads it gets pretty tough!
- Leg Press- 3 sets of 12. This was on the leg press machine. What I do is push up with both legs, then lower slowly with one. When you’re lowering with the one leg, count to ten to make sure it’s slow and painful :). Your butt will definitely be sore the next day!
- Pushups- Plain old pushups! 3 sets of 15.
- Shoulder Press- 3 sets of 12 holding 15 lb. weights. Regular shoulder presses.
- Low Abs- 3 sets of 10. Basically a reverse crunch.
This workout took me about 45 minutes. I also started it with a 5 minute run warm up. I’m glad I got to work those muscles before a long plane ride.
Have a great weekend all! I hope to update you in Thailand! 🙂
Great workout! I am a fellow fitness blogger. Looking forward to reading your blog. And your trip to Thailand looks amazing!
thank you so much! i love your blog its so cute! congrats on your first spinning class…i love the music you chose. thanks for the comment! i’ll definitely be checkin your blog often too! 🙂