First of all, thanks for all the sweet comments on the Happy Weight post. Again, I wasn’t fishing for compliments, just wanted to vent I suppose. I figured that we all (I mean, us ladies) have insecurities so I’m sure everyone can relate. When I was at home, one of my friends and I were having a similar discussion. I was complaining that I’d gained weight and she looked at me like I was crazy. She then started complaining about her body and I looked at her (and meant it) totally confused and said, “seriously…what are you talking about?? You have awesome abs. I have a muffin top.”
It’s so funny how we see the bad in ourselves but the good in other people. Regardless, it’s nice to have supportive friends and family.
Anyway, on to my latest workout! I decided to increase the cardio part of our circuits lately just because I noticed the burpess and lunge jumps were getting easier. That’s definitely a good thing, but I still want a challenging workout!
Here’s the circuit we did on Saturday:
3 Rounds- It’s harder if you try to go as fast as you can.
- Chest Fly’s on Swiss Ball– I used 15lb. weights for these and did 15 reps.
- Lat Raises– With 5lb. weights and 15 reps. I was using 8lbs. but I felt like my form wasn’t very good so I decreased the weight.
- Hammer Curls– 12lb weights, 15 reps.
- Cardio– Speed Skaters for 30 seconds
- Upright Row– 8lb., 15 reps.
- Side Lying Hip Extension– 15 reps on both legs. These look really easy, but they’re always harder than you think. Maybe I have weak hips, but I feel a serious burn when doing these!
- Curtsy Lunge– Holding 12lb. weights in both hands, 15 reps.
- Cardio– Burpees for 45 seconds.
- Crunch on Swiss Ball– 15 reps
- Russian Twist– 15 reps
- Captain’s Chair Leg Lift– 15 reps
- Cardio– Lunge Jumps for 45 seconds. Those were hard!
It was a pretty good workout. My legs were actually sore, I think from the lunge jumps.
Just for the fun of it, I’ll leave you with a word of the day: Muffin Top (ok, two words). In case you don’t know what a muffin top is, here’s the ever so reliable Urban Dictionary definition:
Muffin Top- The abdominal spillover that results from a husky woman wearing a too-tight pair of low-cut pants.
Used in a sentence: Sweet Jesus! Look at the muffin top on that deuce!
Hope you learned something today 🙂