So, my workouts recently haven’t been very consistent. Some weeks I decide heavy weights is the way to go, other days I think I need to get back to more running. I know variety is great for the body, but I also like having some sort of overall plan or goal, especially since I’d like to lose a couple pounds.
I lost a couple pounds before my wedding in November so I was trying to remember what I was doing around that time. I ran a little, but wasn’t training for any races so major cardio wasn’t the culprit. What I was doing was a lot of CrossFit and other high intensity interval training.
It’s pretty intense. Here’s what it consists of:
60 second of each exercise, 3 rounds.
- Goblet Squat– I used a 15lb. weight.
- Mountain Climbers– I tried doing these as fast as I could for a minute straight…which is pretty brutal. By the second and third round I just did as many as I could.
- Single Arm Dumbbell Swings– I used 15lb. weights. I did 30 seconds with one arm then 30 seconds on the other.
- T-Pushups– Using 5lb. weights. These get really difficult!
- Split Jumps– So, it’s kinda been a while since I’ve done split jumps. I could definitely tell today, they were tough! My legs were on fire so I’m sure I’ll be super sore tomorrow.
- Dumbbell Rows– Used 10lb. weights.
- Dumbbell Side Lunges– Used 10lb. weights. I hate side lunges! They make me sore every time!
- Pushup Position Row– Used 5lb. weights.
- Dumbbell Lunge with Rotation– Used an 8lb. weight.
- Dumbbell Push Press- Used 8lb. weights.
(For more descriptions on the exercises, checkout a previous post here.)
Midway through the second set, I thought about only doing 2 rounds I was so tired! I managed to power through the third round but it wasn’t easy.
If you need to spice up your workout, definitely give this a try!