Or even spring? I’ll take spring too. I think the answer is no to both of these questions especially considering it’s supposed to snow like crazy today and tomorrow.
I know I’m being a little whiny about winter. I think going to Palm Beach ruined winter for me to be perfectly honest. I should consider myself lucky that we live in the mecca of winter sports, but I just miss feeling warm (warmth from fires does not count..I mean sun!).
I saw a cute post over at Heather’s Dish (who I think also lives in Colorado?) about what she most looks forward to about summer. It definitely made me feel nostalgia over what summer represents: BBQ’s, flip flops, and sun tans. Here’s a list of things I look forward to experiencing this summer:
- The Sun! Okay, we get the sun during winter time. So, I guess what I mean is feeling warm. Walking outside and actually feeling the sun against your skin. I miss that feeling. I remember when we lived in Chicago (where there is little sun) and going to a tanning salon just to feel warmth on my skin. I don’t do tanning beds so this was an act of desperation!
- Flip Flops– I mentioned these above. I come from Arizona where flip flops can essentially be worn year round so imagine my surprise when I moved to Chicago. Yikes. Although the weather is better here, cold is cold! My poor flip flops are tucked away somewhere and will be for quite a while, probably covered in spider webs.
- Fresh Produce– This is one of the best parts of summer. Finding great produce and having a wonderful variety (finally berries are reasonably priced!). This goes along with produce..
- Farmer’s Markets- Even if I don’t buy anything at a farmer’s market, I love the experience. It’s just so nice to get outside and mingle with farmer’s and other folks. They’re always a pleasant atmosphere where anyone can go. I love it!
- The sun NOT going down at 4:30– This is probably the worst thing about winter. WHY does the sun go down so early? It kills me. As if it’s not already bad enough with the frigid air, you have to take away the sun?! Not cool. On the other hand, I love how late the sun stays out in the summer time. Can’t wait!
- Beach Vacations– It kind of seems like us winter folk should be hittin’ up the beach during winter but summer is definitely not off limits. I’ve already done my beach time this winter so now I’m moving forward. Hopefully we can hit up San Diego or anywhere else with a beach?
- Margaritas– Is there any other drink that screams summer besides a margarita? I don’t think so! I know they’re terrible for you but they always take me away to Mexico or California or basically any mexican restaurant with a patio :).
- Less Clothes-As much as I love putting on 6 layers of clothing to walk outside, I really don’t. I prefer shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops. Nice and easy. Winter wardrobes are exhausting! Putting on all those layers to go outside then coming back inside and ripping them all off again. Life is hard.
- Rock Climbing– So, I’ve never actually been rock climbing but it’s something I want to do. I think it looks like so much fun and I know we have access to it somewhere around here. I’ve been to rock climbing gyms but I’d love to do the real thing!
- Comfortable Runs Outside– Running in shorts and a tank top. Love it.