Sorry for the delay on this post, we were having some internet issues earlier. Problem solved though so we’re back in business!
Since I was without computer today, I was sort of forced to get outside. The hubs and I went snowshoeing again which was fun (my calfs are still sore for the other day!). We also went by a gym in a nearby town and I signed up! I feel like I was fine doing workouts at home and running outside, but I do miss being in a gym. I just like having the equipment I need when I want to use them. They have a rock climbing wall too which sounds pretty awesome!! I’m hoping spring is around the corner, but it may not be. I need to do quite a bit more running and there is a ton of snow outside right now which makes my life difficult. Dreadmill, here I come!
Anyway, today’s workout is a full body workout that can be done at home (no equipment necessary!). I say it’s full body, but there is definitely an emphasis on shoulders and legs so head’s up! It’s in the pyramid form which means you start at 10 reps of 1 exercise, move to 20 of another one, 30 of another, all the way up to 60-then back down to 10.
You can do this one time through or as many times as you’d like! I like this format because it’s simple and relatively quick but still really tough.
I go through the workout once, then break it down by exercise.
I look sickly at the beginning of this video..someone needs a tan bad.
Here’s a breakdown of the workout:
- Judo Pushups– 10 reps. My shoulders are killing me today because of these things. You basically start in the downward dog position then move your body down towards the ground, through your arms, so you end up with your head and chest up sort of in a cobra position (but body off the floor). Then, go back through your arms so you end up in starting position (down dog). These are really hard!
- Plank Walks– 20 reps. Start in plank position with your hands on the floor. From there, lower down one elbow at a time, then come back up to your hands one at a time.
- Plank Jacks– 30 reps. Start in plank position again with hands on the floor. All you’re going to do is jump your feet and legs out away from each other, then jump them back together. Try to go as fast as you can and keep your abs tight.
- Single Leg Squat– 40 reps (20 on each leg). You’re basically squatting down (so, like you’re sitting in a chair) only using 1 leg. Try to lower yourself down as low as you can go without falling or having your knee turn in. You can always hold onto something if you need to.
- Lunge Jumps– 50 reps. So, 50 lunge jumps is rough but you can do it! You can either count both legs as 1 rep (go you!) or count 1 leg as 1. Start in a lunge position then jump up and switch legs in the air, landing back into the lunge position with your opposite leg in front.
- Burpees– 60 reps. That’s right, 60 burpees! Get excited!! 60 is obviously a lot so take your time if you need to. The faster you go, the better, but this is a lot of reps so I definitely took breaks when I needed them.
That’s the workout for today! I hope you guys like it; let me know what you think!
Here’s something to keep in mind this weekend when you’re working out:
Have a great weekend!