Get excited folks…it’s time for another workout video! This one focuses mostly on your legs, especially your behind. It’s a great mix of cardio and strength moves so it should keep your heart pumpin’.
So, there are 6 exercises total. You’re going to go through each move for 1 minute with little rest in between. So, if you went through it twice, it would only be a 12 minute workout (give or take a few minutes).
You’ll need a swiss ball, a timer, and a pillow- but don’t worry I’ll show you modifications if you don’t have any equipment.
- Skaters– This is pretty intense cardio. Actually, when I watch the video they don’t look so bad but trust me, they are! You’re starting on one foot, then using the momentum of you body, jumping to the opposite side landing on that opposite foot. Stabilizing makes this exercise pretty tough!
- Lunge Jumps– These are killer! Start in the lunge position, then from there, jump up in the air switching feet, then land back (softly) into a lunge position with the opposite leg in front this time.
- Side Lunges– Start standing up with legs together, then lunge your right leg out to the side, getting low and sticking your bottom out! Then, push off your right foot back to center. Then lunge the left leg out.
- Single Leg Deadlifts (on a pillow)– So, I’m using weights and a pillow for this exercise but you could definitely just do these on the floor with no weights. The pillow just adds extra instability which is always fun :). Start standing on your right leg with knee slightly bent. From there, hinge forward at the waist, keeping your back straight, then come back up to starting position. On the way up, you should feel your hamstring muscles working. Do your right leg for 30 seconds, then switch to the left.
- Squat Hold with 10 Pulses– Okay, so this might technically be a little longer than a minute. You’re just going to hold a squat position for the full minute, then go straight into 10 little pulses. Your thighs should be on fire by that point!
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls– Come on down to the ground for this exercise. If you have a swiss ball, definitely use it, but if not, I’ll recommend another exercise you can do instead. Lay on your back and rest your heels on top of the ball. Lift your butt and hips off the ground then bend your knees towards your chest, rolling the ball towards your butt, then back out again. If this is too easy, you can always try it single leg style. If you don’t have a swiss ball, try single leg hip raises. Lay on the ground with your left knee bent and right leg in the air, from there, lift your hips off the ground squeezing your glutes, then back down again.
So, there’s not a lot of exercises involved, but all of these moves (after a minute) should have your butt burnin’. Try going through it 2-3 times just to make sure your buns get a nice workout :).
P.S. Check out my YouTube channel for more workouts!