Well, I took the plunge. I taped a workout for you guys! It’s definitely uncomfortable at first but I’m getting used to it so hopefully I don’t sound too nervous.
This workout was pretty tough but also relatively quick. It’s a pyramid format meaning you start an exercise at 10 reps, then a different one with 20 reps, all the way up to 60 then back down to 10.
This workout is also great because you don’t need any equipment so you can do it at home if you’d like.
Here’s the order of each exercise:
- 10 Spiderman Pushups- I did 10 on each side but you can always just do ten total. Start in pushup position, then as you come down towards the floor, bring your left knee towards your left elbow, then push back up returning to start. These are hard! If they’re too hard you can always start with your knees on the floor.
- 20 Burpees- Good ol’ burpees! If you’re feeling super strong you can add a pushup with the burpee but if not, no worries (I didn’t do one). Just try to go through them as fast as possible!
- 30 High Knees- The thing to keep in mind with high knees is keeping your back straight (so you don’t hunch over) and the higher you bring your knees, the harder. High knees are another move where you want to try to go as fast as possible!
- 40 Surfer Jumps- These are pretty brutal. Basically, you start in a squat position but facing one side for example, with your left foot in front of the right (imagine you’re on a surf board). From there, jump up and switch to the other side and land back in a squat with your right foot forward. Back and forth is 1 rep!
- 50 Squats- Just basic squats!
- 60 Second Plank- So, this one’s a little different. Instead of reps, you’ll do 60 seconds worth of plank. You can always do this move on your knees.
After you hit 60, remember you’re not done yet! Go back down until you hit 10, then maybe do another 60 second plank…because, why not?
Hope you guys enjoy the workout!
Do you primarily workout at home or at the gym? Since I don’t belong to a gym anymore, finding challenging home workouts can be tough. I think this one is a good one though!